15 Jan 2016

What is?

Hello there you lil beautiful flower ("marvelous oak" if you think it's cute), you!

For today: a lil light, a lil poem and some vintage inspired look.











It's not what is seems
I look closer and still it seems elusive
A mirage of what is
I stand firm, if I look hard enough I tell myself, it may be persuasive 
But no matter how hard I try to focus, it's not what it is, so then what is?


It came to my mind, that what is could be what I create
What I believe to be the reality
Better off, the truth could be in the light I seek
Or the truth I find enlightening may be what will guide me
The challenge though, those who found theirs seem to be blinded by their own universes
Clearly we all come with our notion of what light is
We conceptualize a whole galaxy around it, declare it to be bright for us and the whole kind
Forgetting to be kind, we point the lack thereof in the worlds of others
But does it make us awake? aware? or even mindful? Or is it total obscurity labelled light?


All that being said, let the light not be made of mere, feeble opinions
Let it be so pure, so bright as day
So refreshing as a morning breeze
Something that reaches higher than knowledge
Something that goes deeper than the scars of life's lessons
Let it transcend higher than belief, let it heal me, let it guide me
Let it help me to walk the path light as a feather 


So, what now?
I neither have to be in the shadow nor in the spotlight
Whether this little light shines their path or mine
It all comes down to what I choose to visualize
From the vision, I hope that it will materialize
And in eternity, crystallize




Top: Ackermans
Skirt: Woolworths
Oxfords/Brogues: Old Khaki
Jewelry: Inzuki Designs


Love and light, thank you for passing by. 


No comments:

Post a Comment