8 Jan 2016

Comfort zoned-out

Hello beautiful beings 


It is often said that change is the only constant in life and therefore in order to survive we have to adapt. But for some of us, change is good yes, but the strains of adapting don't sound as exciting as the idea of novelty. Yes indeed, serve me some stability, tea and laughter; ideally a life following a steady upward trend and I have made it. However that's far from the reality of an early 20 to 30 years old's life. At this stage of life, a lot happens, from moving to another country, to jump starting a career, a family, begin a new journey and anything else of the sort. 
Such a time is a crucial and pivotal point in one's life.. In fact that point of transition can make or break the next 10 years of your life (because, yes let's keep a positive attitude here, we can begin again at any time within those 10 years). 



So the last months of 2015 have been filled with a lot of changes in my life. One, I did not go back to my home country (Rwanda) to spend the holiday season with my nuclear family, which was a first in all my 20 something years of taking space on the planet. Two, all my friends (now family), that I have spent the past four years with, have left and relocated back home. Three, I have moved out from my own place on campus to live with family for the next year. Four, as much as I thought that I would be done with my Masters thesis I am only half way. Lastly, I decided to make use of this last year and learn something new, so I decided to do a course in fashion designing. 
Looking at the list, yes it is not the end of the world (no judgmental Judy here thank you, allow a girl to be all up in her feels). Certainly I am doing something with my life; however so much change happening at the same time can make a girl feel like she is no longer standing on "firm ground". 

Given that I take the concept of me-time to another level ( limited human interactions of 10 hours max for sanity purposes) and had been living alone for the past 6 years. The biggest challenge became not having my own personal space, having to  be lively, patient and all those good things. It felt like I am an under age adult of some sort, facing the reality of an adult but living the life a dependent minor. More like who I used to be doesn't fit anymore, and I have to fit into who I am becoming and feel comfortable with the change. 


Since we live and we learn, no matter what situation we may find ourselves in, we always have the capacity to learn few things. Here are a few lessons I learned:
  1. Each present moment, no matter how slow it feels, prepares you for what's coming in the future. Be grateful for it all.
  2. Live one day at a time: one resolution/a day in order to avoid being overwhelmed. 
  3. Life cannot be out-planned, as much as it is good to be organised and have a clear vision of where you are going, unexpected things will happen. You gotta get with the damage control program in all serenity.  
  4. Success and growth are a cumulative of moments and events that catapult you where you want to get. Do not underestimate the days of small beginnings. 
  5. Falling, failing, waiting and stumbling are the most enriching, although painful, parts of the process. 
  6. Let your spiritual life be the core and center of your life, it's the only thing that will energize you during this rat race. 

Thank you for reading, please share your experience if you may, and I hope that the year started well for you all!

Tank top: Mr Price
Skirt: Mr Price
Leather Jacket: Jerusalem (Access Park - for those in Cape Town)
Heels: Madison (Online purchase on Superbalist)




No comments:

Post a Comment