24 Nov 2015

How to personalize a trend

Hello beautiful beings

Haaa it's been a while that I haven't greeted you all with a hello there; since I am getting accustomed to my poetical side (yes, in my mind I would tots picture myself speaking at spoken word with a mic in my hands etc, lol LIEEESS the stage frights would get the best of me, so I shall leave it in writting rather). 


Anywho, getting straight to the subject of the day is how to personalize a trend or how to remain authentic to one's personal style when we want to include a trendy element to our wardrobe. One way to discover/identify what your personal signature or style is, you have to be on the look out for that one thing you always go for/do when dressing up. It may vary to the colors you prefer wearing to the way you pair up items. One good example is to either select a trendy item by the color you prefer wearing or by coordinating two items with the same detailing or of the same family type. 


For instance, I personally love to coordinate items by color and sometimes by type of garments or detailing on the items. As most of you may be aware of, the bohemian or 1970s style is back this spring and summer, hence all shops are filled with items that have tassels or fringes. 
In order to incorporate the trend into my wardrobe while remaining authentic to my personal style, I paired the brown jacket with brown flats so as to bring coordination and harmony in the full look. I also adhered to the "when it's nice, you do it twice" saying, by pairing the jacket with a bucket sling bag which also has tassels (assembling two items with the same style or detailing). So that's my take on how to remain authentic to one's personal style while choosing trendy items to include in your wardrobe.

#Hat: Foschini
#top: Legit
#jacket: YDE
Pants: Gift
#Flats: Fashion Express
#Sunglasses and bag: Mr P


Peace and light to you all <3 



No comments:

Post a Comment