28 Sept 2015

Searching for clues







Searching for clues
Heart painted blue
Mind filled with a list of dues
Nothing goes unseen
Nothing will not be hidden
Nothing will go unspoken
All of it, even the broken
The adorned was no longer a token

I thought, well that means nothing will be unpunished
The tarnished, the blemished
Eye for an eye, well deserved
Perfection has to be preserved
Who cares if progress is happening, control over all things has to be observed
All has to be paid for, maybe this redemption must be earned
Darkness judged
My sentence and time has to be purged
So I suffocated, mostly exhausted, to despair I turned

Till I touched grace
It changed my fate
First time touching forgiveness
It felt foreign to my face
I had to stop relying on my ignorance
Oh how much reasoning and self confidence
Rationality and logic, I gave it all the importance
But how could I be so confident yet my plans couldn't take me the whole distance
Out of breathe, impossible was the race
Sustained perfection and strength, it's all pretense
I am not that strong, I don't even have it all under control
Too frail to hold water or anything more 
I needed to get to a place of surrender for the survivor in me, only in your embrace
At the door I glared at the self and all over her these scary traces
I pleaded grace

Then for a minute I touched heaven
In a second I tasted your love
That was a change for a life time
Free, I had to pay no price, do no time
Suddenly my bags weighed less
Surrendering made me stress less
Not that I became brainless
Coz it's not about what I do, is it?
It has more to do with my intentions, isn't it?
What I feed my soul, what I produce from the inside, therefore it's actually about who I am?

Less precautions
Since my limitations were no caution
I couldn't escape the truth nor settle with my incarceration
I just rebuked deception
Now there came sweet redemption
Medicated by life, you healed me with love on prescription
Put me on a ride to promotion
No, actually benediction
I accepted my humanity and wore humility, so where you lead me shall be my destination
The way you see me, my description
No need for an audition or universally correct perception
What matters is that I eventually reach my full potential, completion









Thank you for reading and for following up the September series of my attempt at poetry :)

Cape Blazer: On the line (Superbalist)
Jeans: Cotton On
Scarf: From my sister's closet (you are meeting her soon, in the next posts)
Jersey Tee: Woolworth (actually a gift)
Heels: Fashion Express
Clutch: YDE

Inhale and exhale, even if you don't have it all figured out..it's going to be okay



No comments:

Post a Comment