18 Sept 2015

Metamorphosis

Metamorphosis





Thank you for not letting me settle for iniquity
You see my past made me believe that I represented iniquity
My present filled with frailty
Impersonating fear and emptiness I gave away to mediocrity
Swayed by false humility
Decisions made on meager scrutiny
I barely survived on spiritual and emotional poverty
Ridicule sanity
The darkness is maybe not too bad a place, I saw change as the ultimate adversary 

But no, you had to see the real me and remind me that I am a lioness meant to roar
An eagle to soar
My fears told me, nah you can't make it, your legs are way too short for the distance
Have I forgotten your omnipotence?
I am too small for the greatness of these heights
Am I  too numbed by pain to see your importance?
Holding onto pain, I told you I am not fit for this God
I am not ready for the outpouring of your embrace
I am barely getting out of bed, I can't even face my own face


Love so relentless
You refused to feed my anxieties, because you never intended for me to abide in inferiority
You led me to dig unto me the treasure of the your divinity
You didn't give up on me or forsake me
Even when I gave up on me
You said give it all up to me, the ugly and the beautiful, just be true to me
Waiting on me to pick the right reaction and make the sound decision
You waited patiently, because real love is allowing me to have a free will
Holding me still
Even if it opposes my nature, your relentless and never ending endurance, you remain rooted in your truth for me 

Still I remained lost, hurting but shoving all those feelings into oblivion
Well because maybe my brain was to small for all that terrible dominion
Logic and reason is supreme, isn't it, my head works where my heart always gave up anyway
Little did I even know what a heart was or less of what it is to be used for, so faithless
You found me in a pit and you lightened me up, set me free to be on my way
Your light, so bright, so strong, my darkness got lit
Yes you done did it
Layer by layer, got rid of it
Just because I lived life, walked a crooked path and got beaten by imperfection
You did not love me any less
Instead you saw me as blameless
So forward I will press
Forward child, forward you go to your greatness
But all the glory is yours, you turned the empty into wholeness







May love water your soul, garden your heart, empower you to be alive and smile!



Shirt: gift
Skirt: Mr Price
Leather tights: Mr Price
Shoes: Superbalist
Bag: gift (Aldo)
Handmade Jewelry: Inzuki
Sunglasses: YDE


No comments:

Post a Comment