22 May 2015

Retrospective

Wassup doe???? 



Oh I am beyond excited about today's post...today is all about the Retro style (the 90s) my second favorite look (well yeah, had I been born in the 1950s I would have been happier style-wise, everything then was so classy and simple)....




This look reminds me of the Martin Show..My roommate and I spent countless hours watching it last year, and every episode was hilarious I must say....In the outfit there is a little bit of Gina in terms of the high-waist jeans and the heels, and some Pam with all the accessories....Tihihihi and maybe a lil Sheneneh with the attitude (ok none at all...but am still a layd-eh)




Getting back to the essence of the look though, I love the retro style because it allows one to get out of their comfort zone and explore...It seems in the 90s rules around mixing and matching concepts did not apply, one could really go all out on accessories with no worries to look ridiculous...Often my friends tease me that I always walk out stacked with accessories, but Gosh how fun is it to step out knowing that you probably look a Christmas tree but at least you are being a little different from anyone else around you (never be complacent and boring)....



Although I am a style Vasco da Gama (explorer) , I still need my full look to be well balanced. In this instance, I made sure to pair my printed soft blazer with a basic white tee and black pumps. I added bright blue denim so that the colours of the soft blazer may really come out...Then I went all out with the accessories..I mixed white gold with silver (that non-conventionality of the 1990s)... 




Soft Blazer: A gift from mother (she is so supportive, I am so grateful to have her and her wardrobe lol)
Jeans: Mr Price
Long-sleeve Tee: Mr Price
Pumps: Fashion Express
Earrings and the bag: Mr Price
Sunglasses and the chain: Woolworths
Rings: ring finger (American Swiss), Middle fingers (Lovisa)


Ayt now I gotta get with the steppin' (I have exams to study for #lehustleisreal), Thank you for passing by....

No comments:

Post a Comment