30 May 2015

Yin Yang

Hello there :)

So today's post is all about sport luxe or sport chic for some...Basically it's some kind of revolutionary "in style" trend, where an outfit incorporates active wear and other pieces of a formal look..



There are two things I love about the sport luxe look : one, you do not have to try so hard; two, it brings out a good balance between casual and formal. As someone who pretty much over thinks everything and who is drawn towards depth...This outfit right here is like a breath of fresh air whereby I do not have to necessarily wear heels with a dress or have my brows on fleek when I am doing such an up close picture...why? Well that red lipstick is enough I think, and truly I know nothing about make up and where will I find the time..

Tihihihihi, my friends and sisters are always making fun of my brows, aside of that the in trend right now is thick eyebrows, I have those...but they are mess yand going in opposite directions like they were enemies...I thought of getting the eyebrow make up pack but again, is it needed? or it will just be extra expenses for no good reason, and it is not like I wear make up everyday ...So I decided not to get the pack nor have my brows on fleek, I will try to arrange them (even the stubborn brows), so that Vaseline and eyebrow brush shall do...I mean yet before no eyebrows at all becomes a trend ....The point is , before we engage in following a trend, ask yourself whether it really matches your originality or whether it adds something positive to your life or make you happy..not just for the sake of  likes or a new hashtag on that instagram picture gurlll!!!! Indeed I have figured out that whenever I try so hard that's when things fall apart really..so creativity, uniqueness and originality it is!




Anywho, getting back to the outfit ..I created a whole balance by pairing edgy items with more conservative ones..As most of you know, black and white are the main colors of a simple, conservative, basic and classy look. Additionally pearls and a tuxedo blazer are also pretty conservative items, while a chocker and leather are viewed as more edgy. Since I am all about a black and white outfit, I broke the dullness of an all black dress by pairing it with a white blazer, which matched the black and white Nike running shoes. Leather is my jush, so that dress had to be made out of leather honey...There you have a balanced outfit which goes so well with any vibrant lip color. 



In times of doubt, throw a peace sign and walk away like a baws!!!!!



Tuxedo Blazer: Legit
Dress: Mr Price
Nike Women Running shoes (although I could have gone to the kiddies section with my size 4) : Total Sports (Flex TR5)
Rings, chocker, earrings: Lovisa
Sunglasses: YDE

Don't take yourselves too seriously, you might miss out on a laugh or two...

Thank you for passing by and reading if you did :P


No comments:

Post a Comment